Revision: 1 Aug 2023
- Engaging in spirituality as a means of avoiding the frightening or uncomfortable work of exploring and healing the psyche.
- Using spiritual ideas as a basis for avoiding uncomfortable material or challenging situations.
- Although the one who is bypassing may believe that the behavior is advanced or awakened, avoidance is a tendency of unawakeness.
- The process of awakening typically includes engaging with uncomfortable and/or challenging situations in order to release or resolve unconsciousness.
- All the same, if one discerns with clarity that engaging with a situation is not optimal, then that is not bypassing. It may not be “theirs to do.”