Revision: 7 Sep 2023
- The release of the belief in separation from Divinity/God/Source.
- The release of the belief that any form of separation could be possible.
- As one releases the belief in separation, one experiences the reality of unity and oneness more and more comprehensively, and with increasing frequency.
- As one releases the belief in separation, one experiences being at one with life, and with the Divine. Thus atonement is sometimes referred to as at-one-ment.
- When one releases the belief in separation completely, one recognizes the impossibility of separation.
- The completed atonement is the end of all experiences of separation for all beings everywhere and the total disappearance of all memories of the delusion of separation from the Supreme Mind.
- One means of releasing the belief in the possibility of separation is forgiveness.
- Other means of atoning include meditative absorption, in which the nondual nature of reality is directly encountered; the practice of unconditional love; the recitation of mantras that invoke the realization of oneness; total devotion to Divinity in any form; “Enlightenment Codes” (article pending); and infinitely many other ways of recognizing nonseparation. There are infinitely many ways of recognizing the reality of oneness since oneness is real and separation is unreal.